Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Peanuts and Birthdays

     Just a few minutes until sunrise...  Umm...  Today is (was) my daughters sixth birthday!  That's right, six years ago today, on March 31st I was flooded with overwhelming emotions.  Consisting of 47% terror (at being a new father), 51% joy/love (at my wonderful new baby girl), and 2% disappointment (because if she had held out for another four hours, she would have been an April Fools Baby, and that would have resonated with my inner comedian).

     Over the years, that has changed to be 89% Joy/Love (with my amazing little girl), 10% Terror (that something bad will happen to her), and 1% Disappointment (c'mon, she coulda been an April Fools Baby!)

     But I tell you.  The Love always wins out.

     So HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Piper!  May your life be as joyful and interesting as mine has been.  It is a pleasure and an honor to be guiding someone as wonderful as you on her first steps down the path of existence!

     Goodnight, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment