Saturday, August 16, 2014

Laughing My Cares Away

So.  I've been watching 30 Rock.

What?  Why, yes.  I AM pretending that the last four and a half months didn't happen.  Why do you ask?

Anyway, I've been watching 30 Rock.  You see, my wife ran off to Kansas with her new boyfriend, leaving me with a kid, a bunch of debt, and a van that's falling apart.

Huh?  Yes, I AM glossing over the most traumatic event in my recent personal history for comedic effect.  And?

Anyway, I've been watching 30 Rock, since I find myself with a lot of free time (what with the wife running off and all).  I started watching sit-coms so maybe I could laugh, at least.

And I am laughing at 30 Rock.  I realize I'm at least a decade late to this party, but I have one question.

**NOTE** I'm only 8 episodes into the first season, so bear that in mind.

WHY am I laughing at 30 Rock?  There really isn't anything that I can point to as funny.  There have been a couple of clever bits (The snapple product placement, and Conan's cameo spring to mind), but nothing that I can say was really funny.

Yet, the more I watch the more I'm laughing my ass off.

If I figure it out I'll let you know.

For now, ima keep watching, keep laughing, and keep swimming that river in Egypt.

I'll leave you with this one parting thought:  I hope 30 Rock doesn't end like the last show I really thought was funny, namely: How I Met Your Mother.

If you didnt watch HIMYM, go fix that.  It's hilarious.  Just skip the last 20-ish minutes of the last episode, it completely ruins nearly a decade of character development.

Anyway, I'm off to do...  Umm...

Something...

No comments:

Post a Comment