Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cure For My Blue(Red)'s!

So, I was bored and depressed, tonight, and something awesome happened that cheered me up!  I will now share!

Warning, if you don't play Magic: The Gathering you wont get the specifics, but its entertaining nonetheless.

I logged into Magic Online to see if it needed an update and found a bunch of phantom points.  So I hopped into a Phantom Legacy Cube Draft.  I draft mono red and have a deck with Kiln Fiend, Chandras Phoenix, Guttersnipe, Koth of The Hammer, Chandra Ablaze, Grim Lavamancer and literally Seventeen burn spells.  I Blast, Burn, Bolt, Blow-Up, and Blaze my way to the final round fairly easily.  This is an abbreviated log of the final match. 

With my - commentary -.

 - GAME 1 - 
12:45 AM Magicpokey: sorry, bit of lag this time of night
 - I make a misplay, costing me a vital creature. - 
12:48 AM TheWhiteKnight: oopsies
12:48 AM Magicpokey: yep...  im kind of an idiot tonight
12:48 AM TheWhiteKnight: living the dream
 - I draw my sixth mana in a row - 
12:49 AM TheWhiteKnight: bah
12:51 AM Magicpokey: yeah...  no more mana, deck.  kthnxbie
 - He casts a ninja creature that clones his Thundermaw Hellkite (while staying a ninja) - 
12:52 AM Magicpokey: ok, that will officially be a Thunder Ninja Dragon...  and that's AWESOME!
12:52 AM TheWhiteKnight: lol
12:53 AM TheWhiteKnight: dragon ninja
12:53 AM TheWhiteKnight: fate reforged got nothing on this
12:53 AM Magicpokey: yeah
 - I had one turn to draw Bonfire of The Damned, and didn't.  He killed me. - 
12:53 AM Magicpokey: I was LITERALLY hoping for a miracle there
12:54 AM Magicpokey: The Thunder Ninja Dragon Hellkite should totally be a card in the next UN-set

 - GAME 2 - 
 - Near the end of the game, he has me dead on board.  At the end of his turn, I hit him with a burn spell bringing him to 3.  He thinks he has it in the bag. - 
12:57 AM TheWhiteKnight: its gg
12:59 AM Magicpokey: laaaaaag
1:00 AM TheWhiteKnight: oooooooo
1:00 AM TheWhiteKnight: get there?
 - I topdeck Incinerate for the win - 
1:00 AM TheWhiteKnight: siiiiiick
1:00 AM TheWhiteKnight: gj
1:00 AM Magicpokey: goat there
1:00 AM Magicpokey: gg, and thanks

 - GAME 3 -  
 - He and I are trading land-go's - 
1:03 AM TheWhiteKnight: never seen mono red burn in cube
1:03 AM Magicpokey: I started with the red god from theros, but i never stopped getting passed removal
1:04 AM Magicpokey: sometimes you just wanna set stuff on fire, you know?
1:04 AM TheWhiteKnight: i dont
1:04 AM TheWhiteKnight: ive never drafted mono red
1:04 AM TheWhiteKnight: in like 20 rounds of cube
1:04 AM Magicpokey: this is actually my first cube draft, most of my magic is in paper
 - he casts Spellskite, neutering most of my burn and protecting his Flametongue Kavu, which is beating me down. - 
1:07 AM TheWhiteKnight: spellskite MVP
1:07 AM Magicpokey: yep, just waiting on a char now
1:07 AM Magicpokey: or 2 more lands
 - Then I topdeck and cast Arc Trail, targeting his kavu for 2 and Spellskite for 1, this makes mtgo kinda bug out - 
1:09 AM Magicpokey: confusing interactions MVP
1:09 AM TheWhiteKnight: yes
1:09 AM TheWhiteKnight: i was like
1:09 AM TheWhiteKnight: i cant do it
1:09 AM TheWhiteKnight: no wait
1:09 AM TheWhiteKnight: i think i can
 - The Kavu is killed despite him activating Spellskite for 2 life - 
1:09 AM TheWhiteKnight: WHAT
1:09 AM TheWhiteKnight: MTGO
1:09 AM TheWhiteKnight: LOL
1:10 AM Magicpokey: Yeah, arc trail already targeted the spellskite with its smaller ability and that made modo crad its pants
 - He goes on to win the game with Inferno Titan - 
1:12 AM Magicpokey: ggs
1:12 AM TheWhiteKnight: gg
1:12 AM TheWhiteKnight: twas fun
1:12 AM Magicpokey: twas.  have a good night

It was really entertaining, and cheered me up immensely!

I guess setting a bunch of things on fire with Magic (for fun AND profit, I came in 2nd after all) was just the cap this day needed.

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment